What we value
“Purpose fuels passions”
We believe that anything we do in life should be done with a purpose. How are we working towards something greater? What kind of mark will we leave behind? What will we be remembered for.
Here is a little break down of what makes Roo&Bear garments eco-friendly.
- The fabric that we source is made from 100% natural fibres.
- The buttons are made from offcuts of wood.
- The swing tags are made from recycled growing paper ( the paper has seeds in it, you can plant it and watch it grow! )
- The tags are secured onto the garment with hemp twine.
- Our branded label and size tags are printed onto Hemp and organic cotton with eco-friendly ink.
- Every purchase is packed in a brown paper bag
Quality over Quantity
If there is one thing I have learnt over the years of my design career is to choose quality over quantity.
If I am being totally honest I didn’t always believe this, I always thought that I was saving myself a buck by buying from fast fashion commercial retailers, where I would get more for my money. This wasn’t necessarily true.
I realized that I didn’t need as many items as I thought I did and that fashion changes way too quickly and it really isn’t a sustainable way of living. If I wanted to start being more conscious then I also needed to look at the way I viewed clothing.
At the end of the day you need to feel comfortable and confident in what you wear and clothing in a sense is a representation of yourself.
You may think that purchasing higher quality clothing means it’s going to be pricier. I can assure you this is not true.
I used to purchase around 3 clothing items per month from fashion retailers which cost let’s say R 400 altogether. I now purchase roughly 1 item every second month if anything! Its better quality and it cost me the same as those 3 items put together. My 1 item will give me years of wear and because it is a classic style it will never date.
Moral of the story, do not be afraid of the word “quality”, it does not necessarily mean expensive.