Welcome to Roo & Bear...
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn more about our brand. We hope that you find what you are looking for, please do shout if there is anything we can help you with.
What are we all about?
Roo&Bear is a sustainable clothing brand. This means that we strive to always have the environment in mind when making any decisions on our products. 99% of the materials we use in our garments are made from environmentally friendly sourced components. Read more.
Roo & Bear was born in January 2018, so we are officially 2 years old! Although we are a small brand , we have some exciting things planned for the future.
We hope that you can join us on this journey of taking things back to basics and putting our planet first.
We wish you an amazing 2020 and hope to see you soon!
Candice, Sean, Oliver and Angie.
Local is Lekker
Something we pride ourselves in is that our products are made locally. Not only are they made locally but 99% of our fabrics and trims are souced from local suppliers.
We make sure we maintain excellent relationsips with our suppliers, as at the end of the day we would not have our end product without them.
What makes our products so local?
- Our fabrics are sourced from Cape Town & Durban. Unfortunately, with our hemp blend fabrics, they are imported as hemp is not yet regulated in South Africa.
- The wooden buttons we use on our garments are custom made by the finest quality wood, these are made from offcuts of wood ensuring minimal waste.
- Our swing tags and thank you cards are designed by a local graphic designer and printed and sourced from a company in Cape Town.
- Our garments are produced at a CMT in Durban. We always ensure that every single garment made by our CMT is of high quality, They understand our standards.
- The screens for our t-shirts are designed and printed locally.
With every little detail in our business, we try our very best to always ensure we keep things as local as possible.
Thank you for choosing to support local!